So many times am I asked this question: “What do I pack for Camp EDC?” and today I will tell you. Festival camping is a unique experience but can have such a long packing list. Make sure to refer back here when you get ready for your next festival you are going to camp at.
Related: What to Bring for EDC Weekend?
Before I go on I would like to point out that Camp EDC and other festival camps have a lot of the same needs and some differences. For this one, we are going to discuss Camp EDC but you can use it for other festivals as well. Just make sure to check out your festivals rules and climate to pack accordingly.
*This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. All opinions are still my own and not influenced in any way.*
What do I pack for Camp EDC?
Let’s get the most important things packed first, those tickets, ID, and camping pass! These are truly what you need to even get into Camp EDC and EDC itself. Without your tickets, camp pass, and ID you will not get through. Make sure to pack those and triple check them before you leave!
Now that you packed those crucial things let’s get onto our next categories.
Rave Gear/ EDC Outfits
When it comes down to it you are there for EDC and that means you need your gear and outfits for it. If you are still looking for outfits I suggest checking out IHeartRaves because they have a large selection and it is great quality.
Now don’t forget to pack:
- Outfits for each day
- Shoes (comfort is a blessing due to dancing and walking a ton)
- Glitter for body and/or face
- Makeup brushes
- Curling iron or straightener
- Hair ties
- Face Jewels if you would like them
- Kandi (Trading Kandi is a wonderful feeling and you create memories that last)
- Light gloves, hula hoop, glow sticks, or light whips (not necessary if it isn’t your thing)
- Hydration pack
- Fanny pack
- Camera or phone for your photos
- Earplugs (to save your hearing because it is very loud)
Related: What to Bring to EDC
Hygiene and Health
Still, such a very important thing when camping or at a hotel. Hygiene should always be thought about because you will get sweaty and it is best to be respecting yourself and others by being hygienic.
- Hairdryer (if you want it because there are outlets in each tent)
- Body wash
- Cologne or perfume
- Wet wipes (for spills or wiping off your hands when needed)
- Makeup remover
- Sandals (to go to the showers)
- Lip balm (best is SPF lip balms)
Camp EDC Activities
One amazing part of Camp EDC is all of the exciting things that you can do before and after EDC itself. Whether that be their pool parties, goat yoga, Kandi and totem making, and so many more. You need to be prepared as well for these things if you want to participate in it. Now most activities don’t require anything, but some do and just relaxing in camp needs a few things.
- Bathing suit for pool parties
- Sunscreen (your #1 friend)
- Money for vendors, Insomniac shop, the food court, and EDC
- Camera and phone
- Fanny pack or backpack
- Yoga clothing or workout clothes for goat yoga (makes it a lot easier when comfy)
- Hats or visors (helpful for blocking some sunlight)
Now you don’t have to bring any food if you don’t want to because there is a section of food vendors that are reasonably priced. The best part of the food court area is that there is a ton of different options there that there is really something for everyone. But you can bring food and snacks which many people do.
- Portable grill
- Propane for the grill
- Foldable chairs or inflatable couch
- Ice (you can buy ice there and you will probably have to at one point, but it is cheaper to buy somewhere else.
- Your favorite drinks
- Drinks to share
- Snacks you enjoy
- Whatever you want to grill or cook. Popular ones I see:
- Chicken Patties
- Condiments for your food (hot sauce, ketchup, mustard, etc. depends on what you are going to cook and like)
- Alcohol within Camp EDC guidelines
- Solo cups to share with others
Something you probably won’t be getting much of is sleep because there is too much fun going around that you will want to do it all. But when you do want to sleep you will need some things like:
- Sleeping bag
- Air mattress
- Inflatable couch (This is the one I love to use because it turns into a bed!)
- Air pump
- Eye mask (to block out the bright lights if needed)
- Noise-canceling headphones (to block out the extra sounds if you can’t sleep)
- Medications for headaches or pain relief
Others to bring
Not everything you can bring is needed for the basic necessities, but are enjoyable to bring.
- Dinosaur costume
- Beer pong table and supplies
- Flag or decorations to make it easy to find your tent
- Speaker to play your own music
- Hair products to do fellow ravers’ hair
- Makeup kits to do fellow ravers’ makeup
- Phone chargers
- Camera batteries or charger
- Lights for inside tent
- Skin care products
There you have it! Now I do have other lists for what you should bring into EDC and what you should bring for a hotel for EDC if you are not going camping. Let me know in the comments below what you other things you take to Camp EDC that I may have missed. I would love to hear from you!